Monday, March 9, 2009

Snow.

I'm back from my first trip up to hope and thought I'd put up a couple of pictures of the absolutely gigantic snowbanks.  I'd gone up kind of hoping to do some clearing and other outside work, but ended up pretty much shoveling for two weeks.  I guess clearing a woodlot in February is a little bit ambitious.


The snowbank that welcomed me home, measuring in at about 6 1/2 feet.




It did give me a chance to play with the tractor though, after I spent a day digging it out.


The road into Camden the day after

I've been taking to the phone company and it looks like I'll be getting a landline by the end of march.  And saying goodbye to the ole cell phone!  I think a big part of me was worried (probably irrationally so) about having a cell phone and keeping bees.  luckily I never had any reception near my house anyway so I don't think that the cell towers in the area will hurt them.

I've got a date for the bees arrival: April 16th.  I've still got to finish up building my hives, which are actually coming together fairly easily and should be done this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment