Tuesday, May 19, 2009

waggle dance

The Bees have made a full recovery and are doing better than ever.

I tried to take a video of the bees doing the waggle dance, my camera doesn't take very good video but here it is. 

I've finally finished the garden!! I fixed the tractor and this weekend spread the compost.  Yesterday I spent four hours planting veggies.  I took a "natural" approach to the bed layout and did a lot of casting seeds about.  

finally done with excavating 

One part mud pit + one part compost = garden

Jared is happy that we are done spreading compost

Tilling soil amendments 

I've also finished the pig pen last week.

They've got about 1500sq ft of woodland to roam around in, complete with solar powered electric fence and metal roofed hovel.  unfortunately the people I was going to get the pigs from have kind of run out, so I'm scrambling to find a new supplier.

No comments:

Post a Comment