Thursday, July 16, 2009

Farm Update

Not a whole lot has changed in the past month or so.  I've been steadily working more and more at my day job and less and less on the farm.  which works out well because most of the farm work right now involves waiting for things to grow.

The pigs have put on 30+ pounds and are growing strong.  It took about a week for them to become aware of the electric fence, but now they are good and trained.  I can open the gate and not even food will get them to cross the line where the wire usually is.  They are on a strict diet of catering scraps and hay, fed once a day, so they end up foraging quite a bit too. 


From top to bottom: Don Juan, Joe McCarthy, and Pope Benidict... My chauvinist Pigs



The garden is starting to look greenish, and I've had my first meal from it

Bottom to top: Parsnips, carrots, beets, lots of greens, and more greens

Last but not least the bees, they are doing surprisingly well despite the 6 weeks of rain we've had.  surviving and making honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment